Publishing Coaching * See Bottom of Page * Your Books In Print
Just think of your Job Search as the Job before the Job. In other words, it is a full time Job to find a Job. The more thought and effort you put into your search the better the new Job will be.
THIS SECTION IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
How To Do A Job Search - Draft
1. Check all the usual public sources. The help wanted ads, etc.
2. Remember that these ads represent less than 1/3 of actual job openings.
3. Survey your area for likely employers. Call these companies. Remember that if they have a Personnel, Human Resources, Department, they are there to screen OUT unwanted applicants. Get through to a department head if possible.
4. Use your social contacts. Church. Civic clubs, etc.
5. Prepare a resume for each particular job you are seeking.
6. Prepare cover letters.
7. Find names and addresses in public records and prepare for a mass mailing. At least 100 letters.
8. Use the public library and/or the internet.
9. Follow up with phone calls or on-site visits. Dress for the job.
10. Find someone to practice mock interviews.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
COPYRIGHT © 2019 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.